CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 07, 2008

"Feminism run awry..."

to which the reply is "Patriarchal society run amuk." Believe it or not, those are actual quotes from a conversation (not an argument, just good fun) about cooking at our house last night. It seems that I always do the "woman's job" of cooking for us; but, alas, the alternative is far worse. I really don't think Wade can cook. His idea of something as simple as a grilled cheese sandwich is two pieces of toast with cheese between them. So it's in my best interest to cook. But don't worry, Wade actually does most of the laundy and a good portion of the cleaning. And most of the time I don't mind that I always cook.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I feel like Wade just puts on that show so that you don't expect him to have dinner ready.

Heather said...

You may be right.

Rita Bird said...

He does laundry and cleans?? How in the heck did you get him to do that? I agree that the man should play a larger role in household responsibilities. Nathan is very old school,he claims he doesn't even know how to dust..... I will soon remedy that.

Heather said...

Rita,
I like to say that I waited to get him until he was old and on his own so he already knew how to do all that stuff by himself. Very self-sufficient. But really, I guess I just got lucky.