CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

12.5 weeks

So I decided I better start updating more. I really need to blog about meemaw Christmas and post some pictures, but that will have to wait for a weekend when I'm not so tired. I also think I'm going to start posting pictures of myself, i.e. the progression of the belly, but that will have to wait as well.

I went back to the Dr. yesterday. Everything looks good, he says. It did take him forever to find the baby's heartbeat, which scared me for a second, but he said baby was just moving around a lot. With Baby moving that much, you'd think I'd have felt it by now. Oh well, it won't be much longer before I do, I guess. I should report that I have been feeling better. The nausea is only occaisionally now, which is excellent! However, I seem to have replaced the nausea with a never-ending headache. But I've been assured that it will eventually go away as well--something to do with lots of blood and large blood vessells.

Other than the headache, I really do feel much better. And if you know me, you can probably tell that I'm starting to show. My pants can definitely tell. So much so that I gave in and bought 2 pairs of maternity pants. I just can't get behind wearing my regular pants with them not buttoned (too uncomfortable). And the maternity pants are definitely comfortable. Thank goodness I wear scrubs at work. They'll still fit for a good long time.

At our Dr. appointment next month, we'll get to do an ultrasound and hopefully find out if we're having a boy or a girl. I definitely want to find out; I couldn't stand to wait.

And that's all I have time for now. I hope I'll be able to post some pictures this weekend.

4 comments:

Mandy Mc said...

Hi Heather, I had the horrible headaches too. My midwives said that it was because I wasn't getting enough protein. I had to start eating more meat and looking for foods with extra protein in them. For what it's worth, that seemed to help me. :-)

Heather said...

Thanks, Mandy! You give me hope! I'll definitely try that.

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

I can't wait to see pictures!!

Rita Bird said...

YEA!! A baby! Congratulations. Trust me when I tell you motherhood is the best thing in the world.

I also had bad headaches and it was usually because my sugar level was low.