CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 11, 2005

Update

Yay! Abby's home from the hospital. Here's an excerpt from Angie's email:

Abby is much, much better. We found out some news, some good, some not so good, but not really bad either. The doctors don't think that Abby had menigitis (spelling?) but that she had developed a really bad kidney infection and was heading toward being septic but we got it before it got bad. She has to take oral antibiotics for 6 months to 1 year in order to prevent more kidney infections. This is b/c when her bladder contracts in order to empty, some urine goes back up into her kidneys; she could grow out of it, but if she doesn't she'll have to have surgery. We won't know for a year or so. We are going to see a pediatric urologist to follow her progress more closely than the pediatrician can.

Also, we survived Dennis...all we got was some wind gusts and lots of rain. I am very thankful since we stayed in the trailor. I hope everyone else fared just as well.

One more thing....we're getting the house!! Assuming, of course, that nothing goes wrong before closing. I am so excited!! Wade says he isn't excited; he just hopes he gets tenure next year. :)

1 comments:

Criddy said...

Since I am too stupid to update my own web page...i'll just post on all my friends. I am glad Abby got to come home, I am excited you are getting a house, and it made my day that you called me. **Other mee-maws...take note...if you want to make Criddy's day..CALL HER SOMETIME!!*** Oh and I quit smoking...for real this time! I know Heather is happy about this!